Ru

Hi guys,

So I never actually got the chance to introduce Ru due to me only starting my blog quite late into my rescuing. I have so many animals so to get detailed posts about all these animals out AND take care of them all is tough going.
I also have to look after my own health due to me being very disabled from the waist down and I even have some limits above my waist too, but that's a different story.

So basically I wanted to talk about Ru as he recently passed away.
It was very peaceful, he went to sleep in his little house and never woke up. He died of old age and showed no signs of death even till the night before he died. It's all I can ask for, really.

So Ru was from an advert on gumtree selling an elder gerbil with a gerbilarium. The cage was filthy and from the pictures, he looked quite scraggy.
May I also add Ru was being sold as a female.

I contacted the guy who was probably the most dull and emotionless person I have ever spoke to. I offered to pick Ru up within the next few days. The guy said that he was available then but is going off on a first come first serve kinda thing.
I then explained to the man my situation and if he would hold Ru for a few days he would be guarenteed a bright future, but the guy couldn't be bothered.

So THE NEXT DAY Andy was collecting Ru. 
The guy couldn't care less about this gerbil, he just wanted him gone. When we got Ru home safe and sound the musty smell coming from Ru was horrendous! The sawdust and cage was thick with dust! It couldn't have been healthy.

We cleaned Ru up and got him an enormous cage and so many toys, he was spoilt rotten.
Ru had a thing for Andy and would behave so well with him. It was nice to see that Ru could love again.

Ru passed away at the grand old age of 2.7 years old.

.
We miss you.

Comments