Neville and Percy's teeth

Hello again readers,

Just a quick update about Neville and Percy today:

Firstly, when we were getting the three boys out for a photo session, we noticed Neville was a lot slimmer than normal. At first I thought he could potentially have been getting bullied, but after a quick check for any cuts, we couldn't find anything. Then it came to me all of a sudden to check Neville's teeth, and sure enough, they were over grown.
We booked Neville in to have his teeth trimmed, and they explained it could just be a one time thing, but sometimes they will continuously need their teeth trimmed. We had already had the same thing with our resident Chinese hamster, Cookie. After a few weeks had gone by, we checked Neville's teeth again and they had grown long again. Since then, every four weeks Neville has been having his teeth trimmed. He has handled it well and is very good at having his dentals.

Now, lets talk about Percy. 
The exact same thing happened, I noticed Percy had lost some weight, but this time I just assumed I hadn't been putting enough food down/hadn't scattered the food well enough. I always see Percy chewing toys and cardboard. When it was time to get the boys out for another photo session, it dawned on me, we hadn't checked his teeth! Percy's teeth had gotten long, much too long for my liking. We got Percy booked in the very same day to have his teeth trimmed back as it was vital to rectify this mistake as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, when his teeth were being trimmed, they fractured. I felt awful for poor Percy. He was sent home with some painkillers that he must take for a few days. 
As of yet, we aren't sure if Percy will need his teeth trimmed regularly, but we have set reminders everywhere to make sure we don't forget.
Percy is doing well, and is still eating and drinking normally, but I'm not sure if we are totally forgiven yet!
You can keep up to date with Hagrid, Neville and Percy on our Instagram

Comments